Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Birthday Week

I wrote last week about this Crazy Week Of Awesomeness.  Well, it's Thursday, and I'm sick, but I'm trying to get better ASAP so I can jump back into crazy week time.  Thank goodness yesterday was a "day off" from the plans, and thank goodness for sick leave!  And for being able to check work email from home.  And for nice coworkers.  And for interns.  Thank goodness for all of these things.

I thought I'd share a little photo-recap of this crazy week so far, since it has been so wonderful (minus the sick).  From cake to concerts, it's been a good birthday week so far.  James Taylor's voice makes me tear up a little bit every time I hear him live, and Carole King is just...well...fantastic.

The new photo-caption feature on blogger is great, but it puts the photos in a weird white box.  Haven't decided if I like having the captions, or I like not having the white box around the pictures better.  For now, I'll try out the captions thing, even though it makes formatting kind of wonky.  As I type this, I have no idea what this post will really look like, since the "preview" feature doesn't accurately show you what the post will look like when published.  Sigh.

Anyway, birthday week pictures below the jump (because apparently I can insert a jump break)!


He sent me flowers at work.  I love him.
My old mini-muffin tins are all rusty (got them from Freecycle) - not these babies!  So pretty and new! And TWO sizes of mini-muffin tins (the darker will be great for little tarts like these)!  He knows the way to my heart.
The rain threatened to ruin my backyard BBQ, but at the last minute, it went away.  It was a bit chilly, but we were dry!
There's nothing like that moment when the birthday cake makes its appearance.  With Chanukkah candles.   On a pizza pan.  Genius.

 Carole King and James Taylor.  Honestly, one of the best shows I've ever seen.
Little sis and her boyfriend at the concert
 Very excited!

If you ever have a chance to see them, don't miss out.

Josh got Becka the same present Will got me.  So much fun to run into them at the show and celebrate our birthdays together! :-)




That's all for now - another recap will be in order after this crazy bachelorette weekend for my dear friend Colette.  Hopefully I don't die.  Just kidding.  I'm not going to die.   But I will be loaded up on cold meds!

*Note: I don't know what's up with the captions on the quotes - I can't mess with the formatting anymore, but it won't let me get each picture/caption in its own box.  For some reason, it wants some pictures to be part of the captions for other pictures or something.  Whatever.  It's good enough for now!

5 comments:

  1. Josh and Will look like twins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There's nothing like that moment when the birthday cake makes its appearance. With Chanukkah candles. On a pizza pan. Genius." That made me chuckle out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yeah, they do kind of look alike!

    And Shanna, glad I could make you laugh. It was an awesome cake situation. So delicious. Did I mention the chocolate ganache?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! And your sister is successfully wearing one of those sweater wrap-a-round things that I cannot figure out. Bonus points. Also? The photo formatting on wordpress is the same way and it is ultra annoying. I can't figure it out.

    What a wonderful birthday celebration! Many happy returns! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becka isn't my (real, blood-related) sister, but she is like a sister. :) The sweater was from one of HER sisters, and it was awesome - it had sleeves, and then pieces that hang in the front that you just kind of drape over your shoulders. Super.

    ReplyDelete